Monday, December 28, 2009

My daughter is a PC!

So my daughter piper is a year and some change old…or 15 months in mommy language. I think she is the most adorable little creature there is in the entire universe, but she harbors a fatal flaw at the moment. She is a PC! And I have to be honest, I am totally ready to upgrade her to being a MAC. I always hear people saying “Ohhhhhh, enjoy the precious age she is at now, you are going to wish you could turn back time”. But I don’t care! I owned a PC for the majority of my life, and I kept putting off getting a MAC. I am not sure how much time I have wasted waiting on the damn Operating system to finally process my request or to un-freeeze. My most used buttons over the history of my PC use must have been CTRL-ALT-DEL. They always work great out of the box, but once you use it and go online, the count down to total failure and frustration begins. My biggest gripe with PC’s is the long pause while it tries to process, and then the anticipation to see if it actually processes your request properly…Kinda like my daughter.

Just this morning her operating system must have struck a critical failure point and been close to crashing. It was as tho’ she was low on virtual memory and was frozen in time until her little PC brain could process my request…ok, so it was a command not a request.

So, my jedi powers run strong and I sensed an unbalance in the force. As I walk around the corner into the kitchen, I see piper with her arm deep inside the trash can. I instinctively lower the bass in my voice, raise the volume just to the point where it starts to resonate with out becoming a yell, and say “NOOOOOOOO, Piper – NOOOOOOOO”. She looks at me wide eyed with her arm still swallowed by the trash can. She is frozen…I can see her trying to process….process…..still processing. I scowl at her in hopes of snapping her out of it…but she is still processing. Then I see some activity and she snaps out of it. She pulls her arm out of the can, and for a second I think “YESSSSSSS”, BUT then she purses her little lips together and wildly starts waving her finger at me. She raises her voice and says “Nooooooooo-Noooooooo” , follwed by plunging both arms into the trash can before the lid can close. Argggggg.

It is definitely time for an upgrade! I will take a MAC over a PC any day, and I promise you that I will never regret it. Hmmmm….do toddlers have a CTRL-ALT-DEL function?

1 comment:

  1. Yes...toddlers do have a cntrl-alt-delete function. Here it is..ready!

    Use "diversionary tactics" to get your parental requests fulfilled. Give your child a fun interesting alternative when they (child) are "malfunctioning." Its called the "distract button." You must use it effectively. You must believe in it and have warmth and love in your heart! If the PC senses any unsureness on your part it may continue to Malfunction.

    "No" is a word rarely used.....give your child something much more interesting to do...sometimes its as simple as alerting her to something cool happening elsewhere in the house or out the window....vary the distractions or your child will be on to you!

    Peace will be had! This tactic also avoids your child learning to wag fingers at you yelling "NO".

    ReplyDelete