Tuesday, October 19, 2010

About the Classic Look for Men....

Mr. Milfs' Timeless Look (part 1 of 2)

Today I will tackle the classic look that never goes out of style. There are some clothing items that withstand the test of time and fashion. Regardless if you are taking your lovely lady for a night out in the city, heading out in the jeep to explore the mountains, or just head out to grab some coffee on a sunday morning…This look is time tested and transcends past, present, and future decades - It saddens me to see guys fall victim to the ever so changing fashion trends. It's ridiculous, and the truth of the matter is that - all tho' it might seem like a good idea at the time, to impress the women, it is and always will be a total "Fail" situation. These are my top items that comprise my classic look…ultimately you will have to find your own.

Lets start at the feet and climb our way to the top….

Socks - To me this is a no brainer. There is something magical about putting on a brand new pair of wool socks. Its like laying your head on a Goose Down pillow after a week long backpacking trip tossing and turning on a stuff sack of bulky clothing…Or like the first time you got high off pain killers. Here are some of my favorites.
SmartWool Merino Heavy Mountaineering socks - $19.99 ea.

Thorlo Medium Hiker - $12.99

Thorlo Running Crew - $7.99

Shoes - I initially thought this was going to be a tough one, but then i decided to just inventory my closet and pick out the shoes that I have been wearing since I have been a little kiddo. As I got to my closet I realized that I don't have near the inventory of shoes that I used to. I counted ONLY 8 pairs of shoes/ boots. Wow! Thats it?!? Out of this selection of 8 there are only 2 pair that I have worn since adolescence, and one pair that I have been meaning to replace for the last 5 years.

Adidas Samba $59.00 - Classic White with black stripes and suede rand & Classic Black with white stripes and suede rand


LaSprotiva Makalu - Classic Mountaineering Boot $259.00

Classic Timberland Chukka $159.00 - This boot is currently not in my closet, and is not a shoe/boot that I have worn from early age on, but I remember getting my first pair sometime in the late 80's. It has to be my all time favorite due to its classic look, great construction, and cloud like heal to toe instep. (definitely on my 2010 X-mas List)


Moving on……Grrrrr……Pants! All I can say is that I prefer the classic loose leg fit of any type of pant. I wear my pants on my hips, but like them form fit around my ass. I like them loose but not baggy in the legs. To each his own - but there is something wrong with guys wearing extremely tight Or baggy pants. This is obviously subject to your build!!! It goes with out saying that your pants should never get close to your belly button Or drop below your hip bones….A word of advise to all you wanna be gangsta's - wearing your pants on or below your Ass is just as bad as having them pulled up above your belly button. Douche!
Length?…This is easy! 1/4 of an inch off the ground from the heal of your shoes! ;)

Belts…probably the most under rated accessory of your look, but the color and buckle should not clash with your shoes/ boots. It should be a well worn in piece of leather that compliments your pedal attire and other accessories. Don't wear a black belt with a shiny gold buckle if you are wearing a pair of rugged suede Makalus and and a white gold/ platinum wedding band!!! 'Nuf said on this one- eh?!


Ok, this is a 2 segment piece and next week I will tackle the meat and bones of the Classic look and put together the final LOOK! Until then I wish my fellow Male Milfians' good fortune and blissful bottoms up on your testosterone filled HumpDay adventures. GutHolz Pussies!

p.s. If you totally found this segment of the blog lame and boring, I will treat you with something Classic and Timeless that will reward you for chewing through this piece! You could relate it to watching the worst C Movie only to see some T&A….here you go…..something that withstands the test of time and will always be in fashion. Photo curtesy of one of the best (if not the best) Kansas City Photographers - Paul Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment